Thursday 16 August 2012

Breakfast

I love breakfasts! They would have to be my most favourite gathering of the day. I know you are probably thinking that in terms of food, breakfasts aren't altogether exciting.

It's the mornings I love, that just-woken-up feeling, shared with people who you must think love you enough for you to confidently show your face so early in the day.

Eggs are a must, some sort of bread, a vegetable, coffee, tea, juice and whatever else you want to see on your plate. Ooo! I also love smoked salmon, spinach and cream cheese on a bagel! I love croissants with ham, avocado and Swiss cheese. Omlettes are fun and delicious and can be filled with whatever you have left in the fridge, last night's roast even!

Most people say they can't eat when they wake up, it must be what they are eating. Be adventurous! Try something new! Hell, I only started getting into oats. That's right. Oats are very healthy and considered as boring, especially with the way I have them; with water, zapped in the microwave. Mmm... Warm AND healthy! But to me they are yum and wake me up.

I am sure there are many of you out there that are simply not morning people. Shame on you! Mornings are the best time of the day. Waking up and going somewhere to do something! Trust me, if you had nice breakfasts everyday you would bound out of bed in happiness, embracing the beautiful day!

I have a breakfast tomorrow that I am looking forward to at John Street Cafe in Cottesloe! I am meeting Kate for a coffee and a private chat half an hour before the rest of them come to celebrate Michelle's birthday. Now, I have to try and decide what to order...
...to go with the sparkling Shiraz!

No comments:

Post a Comment