Thursday 26 May 2011

Still 29

And so it begins...

25 days until my 30th birthday.
23 days until my huge 7 week European adventure.
16 days until my birthday celebration of which I am going crazy with indecision.

What to do? Where to have it? Who to invite? Ugh. Enough to make me want to just forget about it. And why don't I forget about it? Well, no one will let me. 'You only turn 30 once!'
I thought I could escape it by conveniently having my European adventure, and yes I will continue to refer to it as 'my European adventure', coincidentally depositing me in Paris the day before my big birthday therefore rendering it impossible for me to celebrate this grand occasion in person and saving me the trouble of trying to organise the damn thing!

My past birthday celebrations have mainly been big group dinners in inexpensive places due to myself, and my friends, being short on funds. And this year poses the same dilemma. My friends have either bought houses, gotten married, had babies, quit their jobs or, as most 30 year old do, have more pressing things to spend their money on.

My groans of anguish have reach the ears of my wonderful boyfriend who has taken it upon himself to come up with a plethora of ideas to make this birthday a memorable affair, the gorgeous man he is!
So it has now been narrowed down to two places, XO Lounge or The Boulevard.
Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment